Monday, November 28, 2016

9 Easy Tips For "Everyday" Look

Thanks for joining! Disclaimer: I use these steps to complete my "everyday" basic look. Some variations may apply.

If you are anything like me, this list will come in very handy. (I tend to multi-task, which causes me to get side tracked when it comes to finishing my makeup.)

--I was going to put "Clean Face" as #1 on the tip list, but having a clean face is a given. So if you haven't already, make sure you start with a clean face. What I usually do, is clean my face while I am in the shower. I use White Rain Facial Cleanser & Make-Up Remover (I found at the Dollar Tree, $1, 4 oz bottle) to wash a majority of make-up, oil, and dirt away. Check out this review.

I suggest using Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Make-Up Remover to remove mascara, eyeliner, and eyeshadow. After you have finished cleaning your beautiful face, begin with step one.


#1. Eyebrows/Eyes

I have the WORST time doing my eyebrows. Funny short story, for some reason, when I was a child, I went into the bathroom and shaved my eyebrows off and cut my eyelashes. So yeah, I gotta deal with that...

Anywho, it is ideal to get your brows done first thing. Especially if it takes you as long as it takes me. I will not walk out the house with my eyebrows looking a hot mess, and perfection takes time. They are either perfect or bare, with nothing on them. There is no in between! πŸ˜†

Check out this SUPER DUPER easy eyebrow tutorial!

Also, under step number one, you'll want to do your eye make-up. This includes your eyeshadow, mascara, and eyeliner. If you wear fake lashes, now is the time to install them. (haha, see what I did there.)

#2. Primer (DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP)

Or "moisturizer". (This is where I usually get lost in doing something else.) Once you apply your primer, you'll want to give your skin time to absorb the necessities provided in the moisturizer. This way your makeup will set and you won't have to apply 34 pounds of makeup.

So now is a good time to maybe get your outfit for the day/night out, or maybe check your instagram. Depending on what time it is, I usually either check my mail, finish up any dishes left in the sink, start a load of laundry, or prepare a snack for my 5-year old. Try not to get too lost in thought, that way you don't run out of time.

#3. Foundation

Its name is a tell-all. Once your primer has finished, ya know, priming😁, apply a thin layer of liquid foundation. This will help to level out any blemishes or weird colors of your skin. For example, I have a weird red patch of skin that covers most of my T-zone. Between my eyebrows is the worst, it is usually always red and dry.

Make sure you choose a foundation that best matches the color of your neck. You want your face to match your neck, right?

#4. Conceal

Concealer needs to be 1-2 shades lighter than your skin tone. Refer to the picture featured below for help on where to apply concealer:
pic: BuzzFeed


 I suggest using a concealer stick for quick and easy application.

#5. Bake Time!

This step is a bit more time consuming...
I know what you're thinking, 'wtf, Britt, bake my face?!' Yassss boo, you betta bake that masterpiece. -Get you some Translucent Powder. (My favorite)
-Using a fluffy eyeshadow brush, apply your powder over your concealer. Don't blend it, just let it "set" on your face.
-Then take your beauty blender sponge or a wedge sponge and dampen it. For best results, you should dampen it with a setting spray like this one (which can be used in more ways than one).
-Then dip the damp sponge in your translucent powder and apply that to your 'patches' of concealer.
-Leave it set for about 10-12 minutes, then to finish, dust your fluffy eyeshadow brush with your powder foundation, and lightly blend into the "white" to remove any harsh lines and add coverage. ("Dust off" the translucent powder.)

#6. Highlight

Take a lighter (or 2) shade concealer (or Highlighter Stick) and apply it on your forehead, down the bridge of your nose, under your eyes, and on your chin. Blend with make up brush or beauty blender until no lines are visible.

#7. Contour

The areas you are going to contour, think of them as shadows. Apply and blend a concealer/bronzer 1-2 shades darker than your skin tone to the following areas:
 -Top of Forehead
 -Temples
 -Eyelid Crease
 -Outer Nose
 -Hollows of Cheeks
 -Jawline
 -Under Chin
Some people apply to their neck, I choose otherwise. Reference Pic:

















#8. Lips

Now I don't usually do anything to my lips, aside from highlighting my cupids bow. But, I'm trying to get into the habit. I found this tutorial. I'm going to give it a try, you should too. (Sorry I don't know more about lips 😞)

#9. Finishing Touches
If you want to, you can finish by setting your face, again. Just repeat Step 5, only this time, bake where you applied your highlights and shadows. After setting and removing 'white' powder, add a bit of color into your cheeks with your favorite shade of blush. Apply slightly below cheekbones, above where you just contoured. CoverGirl says: "If you have fair skin, use a light pink blush. For darker complexions, use a plum colored blush."


And there you have it. As always, remember to take good care of your precious, beautiful skin. (Don't sleep with your make-up on!)

If you feel I missed something or would like to contribute your techniques, subscribe with your email (so you will get comment and post updates), then leave your comment below. I look forward to hearing from you!



Another disclaimer: I am not a make up artist, nor am I a perfectionist. As with anything, this is a learning process. Rest assured, I am very open to new ideas, concepts and techniques, so please feel free to share! Thanks for reading! 😘😘😘



No comments:

Post a Comment